What we do
RuVasa (Livestock Health and Production group) is a special interest group of SAVA (the South African Veterinary Association).
Membership is open to all members of the South African Veterinary Association. Associate membership available – please enquire from the LHPG office on 012 346 1590. Current members are dispersed throughout the country, working as private veterinarians, state veterinarians and lecturers at Universities.
Aims, vision and mission of the RuVasa (Livestock Health and Production group)
To render the most cost-effective professional service to the livestock industry.
Define, develop and market veterinary services that will enhance:
- cost-effective animal production
- quality of animal products
- the value of animal products
AIMS OF RuVasa (Livestock Health and Production group)
- To function in conjunction with the South African Veterinary Association.
- To work within the framework of the South African Veterinary Association in the interest of veterinarians involved in the livestock industry.
- To promote cost-effective health and production amongst all livestock in Southern Africa.
- To promote the image of veterinarians to the farmer and livestock producer as a professional employed in all aspects of health and production in the industry.
- To liaise with all parties concerned with livestock production and to promote closer co-operation between these parties.
- To act as a unified voice for the livestock veterinarians.
- To promote research and provide continuing education in the field of livestock health and production.
- To liaise and work with similar groups internationally.
Dr S Hughes | Dr D Holm | Dr T Ogelsby | Dr F Malan
RuVASA Central committee members as at September 2016
|Chairman (Dir)||Stephen Hughes||082 894 email@example.com|
|Vice Chairperson (Dir)||Trish Oglesby||034 341 1005 | 083 627 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Finance (Dir)||Dietmar Holm||072 437 email@example.com|
|CEO (Dir)||Faffa Malan||082 908 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Eastern Cape & Karoo Branch||Alf Lategan||079 592 email@example.com|
|Western Cape Branch||Gordon Adam||083 287 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Southern Cape||Martino Truter||072 699 email@example.com|
|Eastern Free State Branch||Liesel Wasserman||078 457 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Southern Free State /Northern Cape||Didi van Rensburg||072 279 1880||Didi.email@example.com|
|KZN||Stephen Hughes||082 920 firstname.lastname@example.org (to be filled)|
|Mpumalanga||Hardus Pieters||082 551 5053||Hardus@bethalvet.co.za|
|Northern KZN /Midlands||Simon Dommett||082 775 email@example.com|
|Oranje-Vaal Branch||Johan Coertze|| johan@invitroafrica.
|Limpopo||Dario Cremona||083 675 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Dr. Johan Coertze:|
|Co-opted: SAVSEG||Fanie Steynemail@example.comfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Co-opted: V-plan||Danie Odendaal||082 454 email@example.com|
|Co-opted: Gauteng||Gareth Bath||082 802 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Co-opted: Congress Committee||William Jenkinsemail@example.com|
|Co-opted State||Vacant||proposed Mpho Maya|
|Maarten Labuschagne/Mariette v Aarde||082 656 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Co-opted CCS Vet||to be filled|
|Co-opted Student representatives||Nadine Nagel||072 731 email@example.com|