What we do
RuVasa (Livestock Health and Production group) is a special interest group of SAVA (the South African Veterinary Association).
Membership is open to all members of the South African Veterinary Association. Associate membership available – please enquire from the LHPG office on 012 346 1590. Current members are dispersed throughout the country, working as private veterinarians, state veterinarians and lecturers at Universities.
Aims, vision and mission of the RuVasa (Livestock Health and Production group)
To render the most cost-effective professional service to the livestock industry.
Define, develop and market veterinary services that will enhance:
- cost-effective animal production
- quality of animal products
- the value of animal products
AIMS OF RuVasa (Livestock Health and Production group)
- To function in conjunction with the South African Veterinary Association.
- To work within the framework of the South African Veterinary Association in the interest of veterinarians involved in the livestock industry.
- To promote cost-effective health and production amongst all livestock in Southern Africa.
- To promote the image of veterinarians to the farmer and livestock producer as a professional employed in all aspects of health and production in the industry.
- To liaise with all parties concerned with livestock production and to promote closer co-operation between these parties.
- To act as a unified voice for the livestock veterinarians.
- To promote research and provide continuing education in the field of livestock health and production.
- To liaise and work with similar groups internationally.
Dr S Hughes
Dr D Holm
Dr T Ogelsby
Dr F Malan